Tuesday, October 7, 2008

trees.

i love trees. big. little. full. sparse. crooked. creepy. strange. (the stranger the better, in fact) ...wonderboom is definitely a tree that i would like to visit before i die.

those who know me are likely not surprised by this and even tho i've always loved trees, i'm not entirely sure what the appeal is for me. but they make me smile.

i particularly love it when a grove of trees that is nice and uniform has a rebel tearing thru at an awkward angle or sticking out like a sore thumb with a crooked trunk.

here's one from my early summer trip to the maroon bells. note the rebel on the left. (c:


one thing that most may not know is one of my most favorite things about trees is the shadows they cast. this afternoon the sun was warm and inviting (as the late afternoon sun should be) and it made fun shadows thru the trees into my room. of course i couldn't resist and i tried to capture the light.



and if you're not completely bored...here's a list of other cool (famous) trees i'd love to see in person.
tree of life in bahrain
angel oak in south carolina
adansonia in madagascar
te matua ngahere in new zealand
major oak in sherwood forest
diamond tree in australia
methuselah in california
the tule tree in Mexico
curtain fig in australia
kongeegen in denmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice shots, friend.

the boabab (adansonia grandidieri) is my all-time favorite.

stephonix said...

thanks miss lauren (c:

the boabob are quite cool...they look so unreal to me, like they belong on another planet (or in a dr. seuss book)

Scott said...

Very intriguing photos. I hope someday you get to see some of the trees on your list.