Tuesday, December 30, 2008

have you ever wondered...

i did this meme on facebook...thought i'd post it here for you non-facebookers.

i had to come up with 25 facts about myself...it was fun, but it took me three days to finish. (c:

===========================================================

1. I love words. One of my favorite websites is www.m-w.com…and yes, that makes me a nerd.
2. You know that quote “Jack of all trades, master of none”? yeah, I feel like that pretty much sums me up.
3. I guess if there is only one thing in my life that I am a master at, it’s probably cookies. I make really good cookies.
4. I was in a family band when I was 15. We didn’t have a bus. We had a Camry.
5. Music is a huge part of my life. Huge.
6. I’m pretty even keeled. I don’t anger or excite easily…and even when I am angry or excited, most people can’t tell.
7. I love to write. For me, it’s cathartic. Therapy. I just don’t like letting other people read what I’ve written.
8. My favorite street in Colorado is Montview between Colorado blvd. and Quebec. The homes there are gorgeous and the trees are amazing.
9. That being said…trees fascinate me. I think they are lovely and mysterious and they always make me smile. I love them in any season…when they are flowering in the spring, shady green in the summer, indescribably beautiful in the fall…but I think I love them most in the winter.
10. I got a tattoo of a frog on my back when I was 20 and I now wish I had gotten something different. But I like the tattoo on my wrist, and that’s the one I see everyday…so who cares? (c;
11. If there was any place in the world that I could go right now, it would be New Zealand.
12. I appreciate the people in my life. I am a hard cookie to crack and anyone with the patience to stick around and get to know me has my respect. They are some pretty amazing people…those that I have the privilege to call my friends.
13. I’ve always wanted to learn how to surf, but I’ve never lived near an ocean…and to be perfectly honest, I think (what with my autrocious sense of balance) I would be horrible at it.
14. I am supremely jealous of the people in my life who can write music. It is a gift I wish I had.
15. Coming up with 25 things about myself (that I’m willing to share) is incredibly hard…
16. I left my heart in Africa when I was 17.
17. Rain makes me happy.
18. I’ve only read 3 novels more than once. I’ve read ‘The Princess Bride’ 4 times, ‘A Slow Walk In A Sad Rain’ twice and ‘Persuasion’ twice.
19. I love photography. Creating, absorbing, appreciating…
20. I have 2 phobias. Birds and knives.
21. When I’m sick, one of my favorite things is a blanket fresh out of the dryer. try it next time you're sick. it's amazing.
22. i abhor clothes shopping. shopping in general makes me cringe, but clothes shopping makes me want to go postal.
23. i’m a homebody. i like going out...but not in the party sense. i like quiet.
24. the first thing I notice about a guy is his hands. then his teeth. Gotta have good teeth.
25. I am so much like my mom that it’s scary. and i’m okay with thati

4 comments:

Whitney said...

i'd love to do that but i think it'd take me forever too! I like to read other peoples though. Sometimes it reiterates what I already knew but other times...I learn something new that I never realized

stephonix said...

yeah, this one was interesting for sure. i really enjoyed reading all those that managed to post. (c:

you should still try...even if it takes you forever. i'd be curious to see yours. hell, you can even be like cuyler and just do as many as you want. (c;

Scott said...

Yeah, I like the word of the day on M-w.com too.

stephonix said...

so, we're both nerds. (c;