Wednesday, July 11, 2007

wake me when it's springtime in heaven

Dustin Kensrue...you are a genius.

for those of you who don't know...Dustin Kensrue is the lead singer of the band Thrice. he recently made a solo album that is nothing at all what you'd expect from anyone associated with Thrice. just bought the album and was completely (albeit, pleasantly) surprised. and now i just can't stop listening. the lyrics are raw, beautiful, honest...

closest thing to johnny cash since....well, johnny cash.


I Believe

Seen your face in every child that smiles
And I can't help but rejoice
And I've heard the song called thunder
But I knew it was your voice

Touched the holes in your calloused hands
Stuck my fingers in your side
oh I was six-feet-deep in doubt but
Now I'm sure that you're alive

And it's safe to say we'll never know everything
still blessings we receive
And it’s safe to say I really don't know a thing
still I choose to believe

I have smelled the scent of angel sweet
Floating in the summer air
I have breathed in deep the incense
While the saints send up their prayers

I have tasted now I see
Oh I see that you are good
And I have ate your perfect body and
I have drank your blessed blood

And all the answers that I find
Only take me so far down the line
And the tracks always give out
yeah it's a leap from the lions mouth

No comments: