Monday, August 18, 2008

trifecta of crap

sorry i haven't been on the ball this weekend with my pod. i HAVE been shooting every day, but i haven't been posting them due to the fact that i had to play at church on friday, saturday and sunday. so i'll be posting the back log of the pod's tomorrow. or rather, later today (why can't i sleep, dammit!!?!)

it was my first week back on rotation and i was a bit worried...being that
a.) i haven't played since december
b.) the drummer was new to me and the leader on friday was also new(ish) to me
c.) it was only a 3 piece band this weekend (acoustic, drums and bass), so there wasn't much for me to hide behind

i've known for a while that this was going to be my first week back and that it was just going to be me, jason and a new drummer, but last week chelsea asked me if i could help her out with the young adult service that they were having on friday. i found out that the drummer that was playing for the weekend was also playing on friday so i thought it'd be a chance for me to get used to him (and vice versa)...plus i'd never had the chance to play when chelsea led and was looking forward to the opportunity.

monday's practice for friday ended up being a pretty long night because we had quite a few songs, but chels, devin and i managed to get thru it fairly unscathed and we had a great time. chels always makes me laugh and devin is a crazy cool kid. tuesday night's practice for the weekend went by fairly quickly because devin and i had had the opportunity to play together the night before and we were both used to jason...and of course, with the both of them, i spent most of practice laughing. (c:

all of the services went really well and i'm just really excited to be playing again. i didn't realize how much i missed it.

jason had the chance to share with me two new songs that he wrote and i'm always amazed at the talent that God has given him and, even more than that, the humility that he manages to retain with such a fantastic gift.

it was a good weekend. and i needed it.

No comments: