Monday, January 12, 2009

i thought frailty's name was carl

so, you may be wondering about all the pictures i'm posting.

then again, maybe you're not. either way, I felt like explaining.

it plays into something i decided for the new year. i suppose you could call it a resolution, but i'm not. basically, i've just been feeling really disappointed with my recent work and i feel like the constant shooting and being surrounded by photographers and photography while at school really helped to push me. at the same time, i started to resent photography because i was doing it so much. while i was at school i had to consistently remind myself why i loved photography, so i made myself a deal that for each REQUIRED shot i took, i made myself look for something that would please just me...not the assignment

anyway. the majority of the pictures that i've been posting (with the exception of a few) are shots that i took while at school. they are the shots that i took to keep my love of photography...which is why, when some of you asked where the photos were taken, my answer was not colorado.

there are a few recent shots in there too and i will continue to post more and more recent work. but i felt like it was good for me, a release if you will, to post these shots that i loved so much and served as a refreshment to my tired spirit, and serve now as a reminder of what i am capable of.

i sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful responses...i never expected so much. but it means a lot to me that my friends enjoyed these photographs as much as i.

thank you. thank you. thank you.

4 comments:

The Horns and the Hawk said...

i just very recently discovered this blog. and apparently my brother and law discovered the blog through me some how.

at any rate, what you decided to do was a very good idea. as i finish school for writing, i might have to make a similar effort.

stephonix said...

(c: you should.

Todd Newton said...

You're good at this.

stephonix said...

thanks, todd. (c: