Tuesday, January 13, 2009

past is memory. future is fantasy. now is where you find yourself.

so my entry yesterday got me to thinking about what i'm looking forward to/attempting/accomplishing in 2009.

for those interested, here's my short list:

-grow my hair.
while this may not seem like a big deal to most people, it's actually quite an accomplishment for me. my hair grows at a glacial pace, and i generally have no patience for it to grow past the "awkward stages" and it gets cut before i can get any length on it. i've been trying to grow it out for the past 4 months and every single time i wear my hair down i get the same question "did you cut your hair". honestly...is it growing backwards?!?

-climb a 14er with whitney.
she doesn't know it yet, but that's what i'm aiming for by the end of autumn this year. chelsea is studying to be a personal trainer and i'm going to be her guinea pig, so hopefully i'll be in better shape and can accomplish said task. i still don't know how my body will react to the altitude (i get pretty severe altitude sickness) but it's not going to stop me from trying. you ready for this ms. houston?

-shoot at least 2 weddings.
okay. i hate weddings. not marriage...just weddings. and i didn't hate them until i became a photographer. it's not the pictures that bother me. on the contrary. generally weddings are full of many lovely and splendid things to photograph. it's the people. why do people have to be so unkind on a day of love? seriously.
but i think that weddings are one of the most challenging things you can do as a photographer and this is a year of challenges. so bring 'em on.

-go to australia and new zealand.
those who know me well enough know that i've always wanted to go to new zealand (and by always, i mean since 1994...). now miss anna has given me an excuse to go to both australia and new zealand. not that an excuse was needed. (c;
anna is going to australia in august because she's uber cool and made the national australian rules football team (she's pretty kick-ass). whitney made a plan to meet her on the last leg of her "tour" and when we were talking about it recently i totally invited myself, pending available finances of course. but i raised the money to go to africa in 2 months...so, it's not impossible. i really hope it pans out tho, because...heck yes.

that's the list so far. here's to an interesting year. (c:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

australia and new zealand...
do it...
do it...
do it!
DO IT!
DO IT!!!
DO IT!!!!

stephonix said...

that's the plan (c;

Whitney said...

uh....yeah...yeah I'm ready. Just "dont you go dying on me now" And...a "heck"...and a "yes" to Australia and New Zealand

stephonix said...

i'll do my best not to drop dead. (c: